The New Mexico Department of Health recently announced the launch of a website that enables New Mexicans to receive notice when they qualify for COVID-19 vaccine. That website is available at cvvaccine.nmhealth.org.
New México is currently offering vaccine doses to health care workers and staff and residents of long-term care facilities in Phase 1a of vaccine distribution. New Mexicans who work in the following settings may also sign up to receive vaccine during this phase:
- Health care workers who have direct contact with patients
- Workers in other settings (such as congregate care facilities or private homes) who have direct contact with people or materials that may be infectious
“We are eager to distribute vaccine doses as quickly as we can – but that depends on the timeline of shipments from the federal government. This website will enable New Mexicans to sign up for vaccine doses – or to find out as soon as they qualify to receive them,” said Department of Health Secretary-Designate Tracie C. Collins, M.D.
Additional New Mexicans will be able to schedule their vaccinations as the Department of Health receives more information about the number and timing of further vaccine shipments in the coming weeks and months.
The goal is for every New Mexican to be able to easily get a COVID-19 vaccine when large quantities are available. The state expects that several thousand vaccination providers and numerous locations throughout the state will eventually be available, including doctors’ offices, retail pharmacies, hospitals, community locations, and federally qualified health centers.
For More New Mexico
- Denver International Airport Announces New Chief of Staff - November 29, 2023
- Altamirano Receives Leadership Appointment to National Transplantation Organization - November 16, 2023
- Take Down Unconstitutional Concertina Wall Dividing New México and Texas - November 9, 2023