On Tuesday, May 16th, residents of Viña Apartments are delivering their first Demand letter as Vina Apartments Tenants Union, to developer Columbia Ventures, LLC and property management company Syringa Property Management informing them of residents’ intention to form a tenants union. The move comes in response to “the quickly deteriorating condition of the building and individual units as well as deceptive practices from management”.
Viña Apartments offers low-income apartments and were built with the assistance of a number of housing grants. Construction of the Elyria-Swansea development was completed in March of 2022. Since then, residents claim that conditions inside the building have deteriorated, and that management has done little to redress a growing list of problems.
The letter raises four key issues of concern:
- Double charging of rents, incorrect fees, general lack of payment ledger transparency.
- Inconsistency and lack of transparency regarding the recertification process.
- Failures to respond to tenant notices of uninhabitable conditions in a timely manner.
- Overcharging of electric bills and dishonesty around electricity provider.
The Viña Apartment Tenants Union has requested that representatives from both Columbia Ventures and Syringa Property Management attend a meeting with residents on May 23rd in order to avoid legal action. For more information, please contact: Vinatenants@gmail.com and email@example.com.
For More Colorado News: ElSemanarioOnline.com
- Denver Hosts Work Authorization Clinics for Newcomers - February 22, 2024
- Health and Humility - February 22, 2024
- Empowered Youth Town Hall To Be Held at West High School - February 22, 2024